Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Brainwashing

One of the many benefits of parenthood is the ability to influence the thoughts and opinions of your kids. They are little lumps of clay that can be molded into whatever your creative mind can dream up. For example, I've been longing for the day that I'd have a son who I can transform into a "Mini-Me". The best perk I've been looking forward to as a Dad is the chance to brainwash my son!

Now that Jaden has matured to a ripe age of 3 months, I have deamed him ready to begin the brainwashing campaign. Over the next 18 years of his life, I will systematically influence his environment and circumstances to make sure that he quickly becomes a life-long Michigan Wolverines fan. My first strategy is to make sure that every baby book and scrapbook is filled with photos of him wearing, holding, and displaying a wide array of Michigan memorabilia. It may be a while before I'll have him chanting "Go Blue" in the grocery store on game day but at least I can make sure his earliest possible memories build a positive association with U of M. Man I love being a dad!



No comments: