Mom-
I guess that this year, Mother’s Day has a new meaning in my life. For the first time ever, I have had a brief but clear glimpse at the world through the eyes of a parent. I now see what kind of love and sacrifice it costs to earn the title of Mom or Dad. I’ve experienced a taste of the long hours and tremendous energies that are spent every day. I’m realizing that great parents are great givers.
I also now understand that with all of that giving comes very little thanks along the way. Sometimes the unexpressed "thanks" is due to a lack of awareness—after all, the best of what a parent gives is not accompanied by much fanfare or attention. Occasionally, pride stands in the way of a thank you and often it is laziness that stifles an expression of gratitude. Other times, thanks is not given because we just don’t realize how inexpensive it is to offer.
Unfortunately, the quantity and the quality of the thanks that I’ve given you in the past has not been proportionate to the giving that you’ve quietly done for 29 years. In hindsight, even when I have taken the time to say thank you, it has not been based on a true understanding of how important a great mom really is. With new awareness, I now rectify the problem by offering the Mother’s Day honors and thanks that have been due to you:
Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!
I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment